Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Getting Speedy

One of the things that has been frustrating for me is my time while running.  I am still new to fitness and my new hobby of running, however I like to see progress.  I have been running 38-41min for 3.1mi.  It hasn't changed!  Every week I get frustrated because I am not progressing like I feel I should.  

If you have been reading my posts you will notice I have been doing a LOT of biking with our kids ( click here ).  I also have been working on my time for running a mile ( See Here ).  My best time ended up getting down to 10:38-ish?  Well, I ran my mile today in 10:16!  I also biked 4.79mi tonight.  I had a poor eating day and I know I had to make up for SOME of it.  Plus I wanted to keep up on my Fitbit steps for the day since I have been doing so bad at it.

Back to the point right?  So I noticed last week when I combined my quick mile runs with bike rides, by the end of the week I had gut my 5k time by 3 mins.  That is a HUGE improvement!  My main goal has been to improve my time.  I feel these short bursts of running (which my time has improved) are really conditioning my body for faster running.

I have my first 5k in just a few short weeks.  I am excited and SO nervous.  I just want to finish but at a good pace without pushing too hard that I feel like I am going to die.  So I guess my training continues.  I will always try to improve myself in all aspects, but it is nice to have goals to achieve so that I can keep striving!

Do you have anything in your life or fitness wise that you have a goal set?  Whether it is reducing your running/walking times or a weight you are lifting or even weight you are trying to lose?

No matter what it is, stick with it and I am proof that ANYTHING is possible as long as you REALLY want it!

~ <3 ~
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Be Interested In These

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...