Friday, August 9, 2013

90 Day Slump?

So as I sit here reflecting, I felt I should start this blog to maybe help myself and maybe others who have reached 90 days with something in their life.

Here is my story:

The beginning of May I had my niece's first holy communion.  A family friend (innocently) asked me if I was expecting.  Previous to this, I have "dieted" I have tried multiple work out routines, and like in the past, it lasted 2 weeks or maybe a month and then something would "happen" and i would stop.

Back on topic.  SO, I was fine with it and she felt awful.  I was fine all day!  Once our two kids were in bed....I sat down....and started sobbing.  THIS was the motivation I needed.  I haven't been pregnant in 2 years, and after having two children and knowing that we were done with pregnancies I decided it was time for ME.

I was going to be 31 and still haven't made time for ME!  It was my turn!  All I needed was a small amount of time for ME!

That night i started some research and asked a friend of mine for some advice.  Her words of wisdom were "Couch to 5k".  BAM!  Like that I was hooked.

It is now August and 3 times a week I run 3.1miles.  I am just now trying to put some Jillian Michaels 30 day shred in there twice a week.  That has been a little bit harder to keep up with, but I am trying.

The past few weeks I have been struggling.  Talking myself out of running, and then guilting myself back into it.  It is hard because I don't have a jogging stroller or any way to bring my kids, so I HAVE to wait until someone can be with them or until my husband gets home and the kids go to bed.

So after all of my babbling, I guess I don't know why I wrote this.  Maybe to vent.  Maybe so people push me.  Maybe so that if I know people see me struggling they will motivate me more.  WHO KNOWS!

All I know is that I am really trying to keep it up and just feel BLAH today.  Thanks for reading....if you have read this whole blabbering nonsense.  And good luck to you all!

~ <3 ~
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Be Interested In These

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...