Sunday, November 24, 2013

Same Sweater....New Me....Bad Knee!?

So, I have posted this beauty before in a past blog.  I am mortified I ever let myself get to that point, but what are ya gonna do!?

I was going through drawers trying to find SOMETHING to wear in this cold Ohio weather.  I dove into my sweater drawer.  I need something warm that will fit.  Even if it hangs off me a little bit, I just need it to look somewhat nicely.

As I was going through my drawers I came across this same red sweater.  When I see it, this is the picture I see in my mind.  I almost put it in my donate pile when I thought "The lines on that seem slimming enough....I wonder if it would fit?"

So, I put it on and BAM!  This is how it fit!  I still feel like my face shows my weight, but I realize I have a strong jaw line and chin like my father, so I shouldn't complain.  He is a handsome person :)  I couldn't believe how different I made this sweater look now compared to just a few years ago.

Why did I save it after seeing this picture of me!?  Maybe for a day like this!  I felt amazing in the sweater and it was comfortable.  It was a LITTLE loose, but I felt it still looked somewhat cute! Please no need to tell me any compliments.  I am not fishing for them.  It is just taking time to enjoy this new me!

Now, onto the bad news!  I was doing SO amazing running last week!  I ran Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  By Thursday I noticed my right shin and my knee were feeling a little pressure.  Friday morning I could barely make it up or down our small flight of 6 steps.

As anyone would do.....instead of contacting my physician I turned to the trusted internet!  The only common explanation I could find was that I bruised my knee or knee cap and that was why it felt like I had a huge air bubble behind my knee cap.  The solution/treatment you ask?  Elevation, ice compress, and Advil.  NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  Did I do something wrong?  I was averaging 13-15,000 steps a day and I was feeling AMAZING!  Was it just too much at one time, or was it my shoes?  I invested in an amazingly supportive pair of running shoes.

I don't know what happened but I am sad.  This has now made me realize to stick with my 3x weekly running with some strength training.  I have GOT to do he strength training!!!  I just need a buddy because doing that by myself at the gym makes me pretty panicky :(

So, to lighten the mood....my old new sweater was a pleasant surprise but my knee is still throbbing *sniffle*.  What is a girl to do!?

~ <3 ~
Me

1 comment:

  1. The sweater looks great! And I don't think you carry weight in your face. Good thing you kept that sweater!

    As for your knee, I have no idea what your treatment should be, but I do recommend strength training when your knee is ready to take it.

    ReplyDelete

You May Be Interested In These

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...