Sunday, September 14, 2014

Final 5k for 2014

Well, I ran my final 5k for 2014.  With my surgery I did miss one race because I was still feeling jut a bit sore.

My husband and I ran together.  Well, we started together :)  He did amazing.  Really, for someone who doesn't work out and hasn't trained for running, he ran this race in 31:44.  I however was not so lucky.  This was my worst time ever.  I ran in 36:00.  Last year I ran in 35:17.  That is a huge difference!

I did have to remind myself though that last summer I was running three times a week at 3 miles.  This summer I was really struggling to stay motivated.  I have maintained my training once a week, but my running really took a hit.  It is my own fault and I really needed to put everything aside and go after it.

After having my IUD removed, I have to say I have been feeling amazing!  I am not as "angry" as I was feeling.  I just in general feel great!  I really think it was messing with my body.  I am so glad I had it removed.  It is better for everyone :)

SO, the cooler weather is approaching and here I am.  The same place I was last year although even more nervous.  How will I do over the winter.  Will I maintain, will I get more intense and try to lose the weight.  I am able to go to the gym that I train at and use their equipment and treadmills.  Ugghhhh treadmills :)  Ellipticals are also there as well as the dreaded step mill....how I hate her, yet she works and makes you gross and sweaty!

So, this afternoon I am relaxing under a blanket and enjoying some quiet time before the rest of my day comes to an end.  Thanks for reading, and I do hope to post again soon!

~ <3 ~
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Be Interested In These

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...