Friday, August 15, 2014

First Workout Post Surgery

Well, I had my first PT (Personal Training) session since my surgery!  I am one week post surgery and still have slight surface soreness and definitely some internal soreness.  I don't see myself running for maybe a few more days.  All of that bouncing and jiggling still isn't super comfy yet.

I was nervous for PT today but excited to get back into it.  I was off last week because I had to change my PT day with a changing work schedule and it landed on my surgery day.  That meant, because my trainer had the time, that I did an hour to make up for last week!  WOW was it a hard hour!  My
trainer pushed me and near the end I had to tie my shirt up to get it off my incisions because it was sticking and pulling.  OWIE! 

I seriously needed one of these handy 80's tshirt clips.  Don't act like you don't know what these are or that you never used one.  WE ALL DID!  :)  After I was able to adjust my shirt I felt better but realized something about myself.  I REFUSED to look at myself in the mirror.  All of this progress and my body still makes me turn away!  I closed my eyes (which also helps me focus on breathing and finishing strong with my reps).  I get distracted when I see myself and when I feel tired it makes me feel even MORE tired watching myself.

I think it didn't help that for the past week I have been so over bloated from surgery PLUS my period should come this coming week. Not sure though since my body has been through a lot recently.  Just been feeling a bit blah lately and that is ok, but it now is time to snap out of it and get back into the swing of things.

Back to the eating and fitness schedule.  We have some time off coming up followed by the start of the school year!  I can't even believe our baby is going to be in Kindergarten!  These years are flying by!  AHHHH!

Ok, that was my squirrel moment HaHaHa  I am having such a hard time focusing because I got nailed with an awful sinus unfection this morning and can't even keep it together to type.

Thanks for reading and I will try to post again soon!

~ <3 ~
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Be Interested In These

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...