Sunday, September 28, 2014

My New Running Partner

This here is our newest addition to the family.  His name is Toby and we adopted him the end of August.  I have been having the baby bug and now that we made the decision to have no more children, this guy here was the next best thing.

It has been an adjustment between skin issues, and issues with our other dog Krista.  But slowly but surely he really is coming around. 

He has been such a snuggly ball of fur for me and I just love him so much and it filled whatever void I had.  As exhausting as he can be. it really has been a joy to have him around and to know we rescued him!  We adopted him from NE Ohio Lab Rescue and I am so glad we did!

He has been amazing with the children and our other dog.  SO, I decided to make the decision that he would be my new running partner.  He is pretty good on a leash.  That means he still needs corrected and managed slightly to avoid distractions.

I researched for a whole weekend online as to what would be a good leash to use when I take him running.  I hate having the leash in my hands because it is so distracting to me and I can't focus on my run because I am to worried about how I am holding the leash and how it feels in my hand.  When my research was complete I had found the perfect solution.

So this is the Stunt Puppy Stunt Runner Hands-Free Dog Leash.  I bought it on Amazon.  Big surprise because I buy everything off their website LoL.  So we started last week.  Day 1 was really hard.  I have bruises on my shins and I am pretty sure I took fur off his paws when he cut me off to chase squirrels or people to play with.

Day 2 went a bit better.  I only tripped over him once.  I would say that was pretty good!  The only issue is that his training collar slides around his neck so sometimes I have to make a quick stop to adjust it for him.

Today went VERY well!  I took him to one of the local Metroparks with a friend and we ran together.  I did the best time since I started running again and made it in just over 37 minutes.  I have really been struggling, so I was so happy with that result.  There were a TON of people walking past us and he did AMAZING!.

Our first furry baby loves walks, but she can't keep up with the runs.  She hits 1.5 miles and she just stops.  Her arthritis gets bad too and then she can't even walk up the small 6 steps to get upstairs.  I feel bad when I leave her behind, but she just can't do it.

So, our Toby has been doing amazing and I will tell you something; he behaves so much better when he gets that exercise. 

So, this has been my crazy life so far.  I have been a lazy bum with my fitness and eating.  I just started back up with my running this past week because my last two races have been AWFUL time wise.  Work, kids, dogs, life.

Never a dull moment, but I am taking it in stride and enjoying every moment as I can :)  Happy Fall to all of you my friends.  Enjoy your baked goods and cinnamon-y smells.  I have my fall candles going and my fall decorations up.  Pumpkins, pumpkins, pumpkins.  I just love pumpkins! :)

~ <3 ~
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Be Interested In These

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...