Sunday, September 8, 2013

Proof of Losing


I have been DREADING this post for awhile.  I was nervous, scared, excited, proud.  SUCH a mixture of emotions I just didn't know if I should even do it!  BUT, here it is!

 May 2013 - 200 lbs - lazy, tired, exhausted.  I felt awful about my body and had nothing to wear!

This is today; September 2013 - 180 lbs - active, running, energetic, confident.  I am still not comfortable with my body, BUT I feel better about it :)

A lot of my weight is in my stomach/hips/thighs.  I recently joined a gym for winter time and I plan on running my 3x a week, but also doing weights 2x a week.  They offer one free training session that I PLAN on taking advantage of.  Or finding someone to help me while I am there!

The after picture just makes me smile.  If you could see my face in these pictures, you can see my expressions.  the 200 lb me was frowing....slouching....sad.  You could just see how miserable I was.  And as the pictures have progressed (I have slacked at doing my monthly photos, but have tried) I can see the change.  I stand up straighter, my smile is wider.  I am more confident!

So again....thank you to ALL who have been so supportive!  I run my first 5k in one week and I would be lying if I didn't say I was PETRIFIED!  I don't do well in unfamiliar places.  My anxiety kicks in full force!  It starts at 10:30 am but we have to register at 8:30am....I don't want to wait!  LoL

Wish me luck, and YES I will have pictures to share.  Have a great Sunday everyone!

~ <3 ~
Me

2 comments:

  1. I just recently posted pictures on my blog too (password-protected, though!) Great job losing 20 pounds!

    I have been told there is a huge difference in pictures from my highest weight and pictures from when I had lost weight. I know I felt much different when I had lost weight.

    Good luck with your 5K! I have only run one, but the best advice I was given was not to get sucked into the gung-ho attitude at the start and start too fast. Pace yourself, no matter what the rest of the crowd is doing. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes I am SOOO nervous! I plan on keeping pace with my music. That will get me through :)

    ReplyDelete

You May Be Interested In These

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...