Thursday, September 26, 2013

Holy Moly!!!!

This, my friends, is how I felt this morning after finishing my run.  I ran NON-STOP (well I walked 2mins at the end of my run) for 3.50 miles!  I was so happy!  I kept telling myself not to look at my distance.  Why?  Because as soon as I would hit that 3.1 I knew I would be a lazy ass and start slowing down and walking.  I am pretty good with knowing when I will wuss out on things and THAT was one of those moments.  My legs are sore, but a good sore  I have been doing a lot of stretching since I got back.  It felt good to get out in the sun.  There is a nice breeze off the lake today so it was the perfect balance of cool and warm.  Great running weather today!

One of the things I have a hard time with is change.  I have posted about my anxiety about un-known things and hopefully didn't make myself sound like a lunatic.  HOWEVER, today was HUGE!  I ran out of our development and down the main road to to my "course" today.  I needed a change and it was just what I needed!  My first goal to accomplish on this way is to be able to run past the ice cream shop and back home....probably a good 6 miles maybe?  The way I would run anyways...if we drove we'd take the quick way and be there in no time :)

Anyway, it felt great!  I was on the pavement feeling the gravel.  Sidewalks tend to bore me and almost are more of a work out and are more exhausting just because they vary going up and down SO much!  I can't wait to accomplish this goal!  I have to map it out on map my run and see how many miles it is!

Fall is here, which means winter is close behind, so I am preparing myself to begin running at the gym.  I have to keep after myself so that I don't take the easy way out for me and do an elliptical.  I am nervous yet excited knowing that I can continue my journey without any interruption on the way.

My next item on the list is weight training.  I REALLY need to get into gear because as I am losing weight, I am getting floppy.  Floppy arms, floppy thighs, floppy tummy.  I gotta tighten all of that up before it starts just sagging there like a piece of road kill. :)  I wish I had a friend close by that did weight training that could take me twice a week to my gym and (for free) just guide me with what to do.  I've never properly used gym equipment other than an elliptical machine.  So, A) there are random men also using the machines and B) I don't want to do something and hurt myself.
So, now I need to get ready for my day of work!  No one wants a stinky lady cleaning their teeth ;)

~ <3 ~
Me

Props to fox1047 for the image that I took off Deviant Art

3 comments:

  1. I'm an elliptical girl ... I'm trying to get in some treadmill time too. It's not only that it feels harder, but I have to wear SHOES. I hate shoes. It's not my legs, or my body or anything that really gives out first, it's my feet. I only did 2.5 miles yesterday and I had to stop and take my shoes off. I could just feel them rubbing and burning. I wear slippers on the elliptical (it's in my basement, not a gym ... I'm not sure how acceptable it would be publicly).

    As for weights, I'd really recommend maybe starting simple with 30DS or something. It's a good intro, with people to watch and explanations. I have a complete weight set at home, leg press, calf machine, the works. But I still mostly just use dumbbells and bodyweight. You can do a ton with just that and get a great workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the elliptical too! I can't stand a treadmill. Walking or running outside is great, but I get on a treadmill and just want off.

    I was going to suggest weight training DVDs too, for instruction and guidance about form. I like Jari Love's Get Ripped DVDs. They have a lot of reps, but I just take breaks when I need to.

    ReplyDelete

You May Be Interested In These

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...