Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Feeling Strong

So my trainer always says "You're getting stronger" or "You're improving a lot".  I will tell you something.  I am an impatient person.  This dropping weight and toning up thing does not mesh well with my impatient personality!  HOWEVER, I am still sticking with it, and my PT (Personal Training) days are my favorite days of the week.  I have an intense 30 minute session with Tommy and then I do 6 miles on the elliptical machine....I'd love to run outside but I know as soon as I get home I will get occupied doing other things and let it slide.

I have been doing a lot of upper body stuff at my training sessions and I have to say I have impressed myself!  I am doing squatting chin ups/pull ups.  I can't wait for the day when I can do a regular one all on my own.  That is my goal because I have NEVER been able to do that!  Even when I was younger.  When I turn my arms certain ways I can see the muscle I have.....now I just have to drop the fat!  That is what I need to keep up with.

I am guilty of not doing my every other day PT homework he has given me and I know he knows I am not doing it because my results aren't as obvious.  Why I won't do it baffles me, but I have to start somewhere and that somewhere is tomorrow!!!

I have been doing pretty good with my eating lately though!  I have been doing my protein smoothies for breakfast and having spinach and chicken salads for my lunches!  My husband has been keeping up with it also, so we go through lettuce, spinach and chicken like its chocolate.  It is getting pricey but this healthy eating is just totally worth it!  You feel better and you look healthier and happier.

Slow and steady with the fitness.  I don't want to rush and then let go everything I have worked so hard for.  I also don't want to drop the weight and then get a ton of flappy hanging skin.  That started to happen last fall because I dropped my 20lbs so fast.  Now that I am strength training.....well just training in general....I have really started to tone and tighten up.  My trainer is a blessing and I am forever in debt to my patient that referred me.  It was the right time and meant to be.  Stupid "Other Gym".  I wasted way too much time there when I could have been having results ASAP.  Had I known, I would have loved to do it when I started running last year.  I bet my results would have been HUGE!  Not that they weren't on their own, but I bet it would have been incredible!

I am going to try and start posting a song of the day on my blog.  Some songs I just really push harder while I am working out or running.  I hope it helps you build your music collection everyone!

Ok my friends.....I have a lot to do today.  Stay active and go for a walk.  Enjoy the outdoors playing with your kids or your pets.....live and love life!

~ <3 ~
Me

*Song of the day: "Sail" - AWOLNATION*

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Be Interested In These

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...