Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Ahhhhhhh....Smell That Sunshine

I was SO excited when a friend of mine asked me to go running with her today!  The sun was out, it was cold, but warm enough to pump the blood through my body!  I ran home and got into my outside cold running clothes and drove to the local metropark!

Now I am sure while we were running I felt as though I looked like the women to the right there.  The first mile for me is ALWAYS the hardest!  I always know when I go over 1 mile because it just gets so easy to run!  We had decided to run 4 and walk the last mile JUST in case my knee decided to become a literal pain.

Two miles go by and I am fairly close to my running buddy!  I have to say for not running past the 3 mile mark since November I felt like I did fairly well for myself!  We get to the end of the road and start back up again heading back to our cars.  We hit mile 3 and I give a hearty "YEAAAAAH".  The gentleman passing us thought it was amusing and laughed at me, but HEY!  I was so excited!

Now, by this point I felt like I looked like this guy to the left here LoL.  I was getting tired and my knee was feeling sore as was my shin!  WHAT THE HECK!  It was always past that 3mi mark that my knee bothered me before Thanksgiving.  BUT, I kept going!

Finally we got to the 4 mi mark and I was glad because my knee was screaming!  SO, we walked the last mile back to the cars and that was it!  I felt AMAZING!  I did 4 miles pretty much non stop with just a few seconds of a walking break.  We went up hills and down hills!  I am sure I am going to be sore tomorrow, but what are you gonna do?  Right?

I can't wait to keep going with my 5k-10k training because right now it seems impossible to run 6 miles!  I know by the end of my 9 weeks I will have it down, but it makes me nervous!  What if I can't do it!  I don't want to hit the time limit and just be done!  I know this all sounds so negative, but it's what I have been thinking of lately!

Ok, I have karate class tonight depending on how my knee feels and then it's home to relax and sleep :)  Thanks for reading and thank you to my barefoot shuffling friend who made my run possible today!  So much better than the gym!!

~ <3 ~
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Be Interested In These

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...