Sunday, February 16, 2014

6 Pounds Heavier

So, in the process of the holidays along with injuring my knee, I gained 6lbs.  To be honest I really thought it was more than that. I looked in the mirror and felt fat. I saw fat. My jeans weren't loose anymore. They were tight around my stomach and my hips. I was feeling tired and depressed again and didn't want to do much of anything.

I don't know what got me re-motivated. I kept up with a once a week karate workout and then maybe I'd run a few miles once a week. I had decided to cancel my gym membership and submitted my letter. I stepped on the scale and saw that 6lbs and I cried.  This was maybe 3-4 days after I cancelled my membership. I called them up and the nice woman on the phone said she could stop the cancellation. I was so relieved. I guess that 6lbs pissed me off enough to get me moving. 

A friend of mine got ahold of me and said she was doing a big 10k this summer and asked me to join her. I signed up immediately. So I dusted off the apps on my phone and got my 5k-10k app up and going. I started it on a Friday and finished my first week Wednesday and Friday. I started week 2 today. I have been a little tired because my body hasn't been used to all of the extra activity. But I've been feeling amazing!

As a side note, I have dropped 5 of those lbs so far!  I can't believe it but it has happened. I've been trying so hard to watch what I eat. I do need to get more protein in my diet to help since I started incorporating some strength training. 

I ran 3.17 miles Friday morning. That was the first time I've ran that far since before thanksgiving. It felt amazing and I was so glad I did it. Today per my training app, my pace was just a few seconds over 12:00/mile. I'm getting back down to where I was thank goodness. I was at 11:30/mile so hopefully I can even improve on that time. 

Well, off to make an egg sandwich for lunch. Thanks for reading!

Remember that we all have our moments in time where we back slide or let things go. But you can always get back to it and keep achieving your goal!

~ <3 ~
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Be Interested In These

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...