Thursday, December 5, 2013

Feeling Great!

So two weeks ago I got SLAMMED with a knee injury.  I ran Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and BAM that was it.  I could barely make it up the stairs Friday morning.  I took of extra activity for a full week.  I DID however attend a Karate group class Wednesday of last week.  I felt decent, but the knee still felt kind of funny.

This week I went to the same group class last night.  The difference is I wore my HRM (Heart Rate Monitor).  I burned 351 calories!  I couldn't believe it but the Garmin doesn't lie!  I thanked my Dad for kicking my ass :)  He was the instructor for the class.

I had quite the work out.  I did karate with him over 10 years ago and I got really in shape and was used to the physical movements and abuse the body takes.  Yesterday not so much and here is the proof.
I bruised my right knuckles and then I rubbed skin off my left knuckles.  It seems worse than it is and it was an AMAZING work out.  I really enjoy it and I missed it a lot.

SUPER psyched with the weather here in Northeastern  Ohio!  Today it was 62 degrees this morning and I took advantage of it.  I ran 4.5 miles and walked .72 miles.  Puts me at 5.26 I think :)  I missed it so much and at times I did feel that air bubble behind my knee cap.

I didn't push myself too hard for fear I would have the same issues and not be able to run!  It is frustrating because I miss it so much and if I can't keep up with it I may cry. :)  Thanksgiving came and went and I really didn't over eat!  I couldn't believe it!  Almost like my body can't handle as much food.  That makes sense because I am sure my stomach has shrunk at least a little bit over the last 6 months.

Tomorrow is 6 months since I started my new lifestyle and yes, I plan on taking photos.  Probably Saturday morning.  I can't believe it but I also don't feel like that much time has gone by because I feel like I am still learning and growing.  I am sure that will be a constant thing in my life.

I want to write a reflection post this weekend looking back over the last 6 months.  So much has changed.  It's been an amazing ride and I am so thankful to be able to share it with you all!

~ <3 ~
Me

1 comment:

  1. I still have scars on my knuckles from a kickboxing class I used to take. I wear them proudly, ha ha. Great job handling Thanksgiving so well!

    ReplyDelete

You May Be Interested In These

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...